Monday, September 9, 2013

Barn Birthday Party

Sunday we hosted Molly's 4th birthday party at Lawton Stables on Hilton Head Island.  With 18 kids and 24 adults, it was surprisingly not chaotic!  It was a fantastic party spent with great friends and a fun way to spend a few hours on a Sunday.

Molly and I crafted for a few weeks leading up to the party. I'll share a few tutorials on projects but here's a look back at some of the details and fun. Up first is a "Happy Bday Molly" banner that we created using burlap, stencils, red paint, & red gingham fabric.  You can also see the "4" canvas I created with paint, Mod Podge & pictures from Molly from year 3-4 of her life.  I used mason jars, ribbon and my PSA personalized stamp for flower vases.


I used scrap wood, chalkboard paint, and chalkboard marker to create a few signs around the stables.  The adorable farm yard invitations are from Swanky Press, my go-to stationer for all things party!  (On this invitation, I was able to change the colors a bit at no additional charge. That's Swanky Press' claim to fame!) 


Molly wore a "4" and "Molly" T-Shirt from Swanky Press! I found the cute skirt on Etsy. Bandanas and hats are from Oriental Trading Company and guests took them home as party favors. 


Plastic milk bottles and paper straws (also from Swanky Press... I told you they were my go-to for party supplies!) made for a fun drink display. 


My mom generously donated her time (and resources) to making 42 sandwiches for everyone. I created these gable boxes to put sandwiches, a bag of chips and a piece of fruit in.  I used my PSA Essentials custom stamp to decorate the boxes.   I worked with an amazing designer (Lesley!) at PSA to create the perfect stamp.  For customers, there's an up charge to custom design work but well worth it.  Want one? Head over here and make your custom design request in the notes. 


Grandpa generously donated his time to filling up the gable boxes


For easy favors, I bought wrapped decorated farmyard cookies are from Chasing Fireflies and the adorable stickers that coordinated with the invitation by Swanky Press.  I also scored these theme appropriate lolipops from Oriental Trading. 


 Time for some pony ride photos! 


The kids not only had a ton of fun riding the ponies but also feeding the barnyard animals. 


Lastly, it was time for cake and cupcakes by Ronnie's Bakery, Cakes by Lou.   Cupcake toppers are super easy to make.  I used my PSA Essentials custom stamp of course! 


It was a special day, made fabulous by our friends and both sets of grandparents.  We feel tremendously blessed and are so thankful we can have such a wonderful party. 


Happy 4th to my Molly!  I can't believe you are 4. 


2 comments:

  1. Adorable party!! I love the theme and all your decorations!! Super fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this party!! The decorations are amazing and the kids are EXTRA cute!!

    ReplyDelete