Friday, May 10, 2013

Mother's Day Laughs

Today I am celebrating Mom's and the joys of motherhood with a few laughs.  Motherhood is no joke. Until you have a child of your own, you can't fully appreciate what your mother did for you.  Now I get it.  Mom's are incredible. 

WOW! I get to give birth AND change diapers!

There have been days in the last four years when I have been covered in poop (oh, the nightmare of potty training!) or haven't taken a shower in more than 48 hours.  I frequently neglect my toenails (my last pedicure was in early March) and I can't tell you the last time I went clothes or accessories shopping for myself.   I am not a martyr, I am just a busy mom with two kids.   Sometimes it's enough to drive you insane.  And certainly enough to grab a drink!


I think of my mother-in-law raising three young kids while my father-in-law worked long hard hours.  And my mother, who stayed at home with me - a full time job that only a stay-at-home mom can appreciate.  


Motherhood is exhausting and loaded with so much self-doubt.  Am I doing the right thing? Am I saying the right thing? What if I screw them up?  And I have so many ideals, so many goals, so many things that I want to do for them, make for them, teach them, and show them that sometimes I spin my wheels. They're aren't enough hours in the day to accomplish them all and really, I am sometimes just too tired. 


My mom is truly my hero.  Sometimes even before Mike, I run to her asking her advice, what I should do, how I should do it, and when I should do it.  I rely on my mother for so much support and I am so thankful for all that she gives me.   I feel blessed to have her in my life and am so thankful she has taught me how to be a mom.  

Keep Calm and Call Mom Rectangle Magnet

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mother's out there!  I hope you are as fortunate as I am to have such a wonderful mother that you can call or see this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment