Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years Cards

Our New Years plans have shifted over the years.  Gone are the days of wild parties and late nights.  We used to attend a glitzy party which has a different theme each year: a black and white tie, a Vegas night, 1950's style, but since having Molly three years ago, I'm not sure I have seen the ball drop.  The night is like any other except sometimes we do a special dinner out, I spring for another glass of wine, and we maybe do an on demand movie.  I know -- it's so glam!  But the Johnson & Johnson tagline "having a baby changes everything" couldn't be more true.  And there's nothing I would rather do then spend a quiet night with my family.

To welcome the New Year, here are some beautifully designed cards by Jamie Cripps.  I love her layered approach to card making.   She uses a lot of die cuts, several patterns of paper, and tends to add a 3-D piece to her card.   It adds texture and visual interest.  In the first two cards, she's used the stamp from the new Multi-Holiday Peel & Stick pack.  



Here she's used stamps from Smirk Martini Mix.  This is a fun stamp set! 


I love the sentiment on this card - New Year, New Dreams.  She's stamped the characters from Smirk Kiss Me Now.


What are your dreams for the New Year? 



No comments:

Post a Comment