Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Recipe Organization

On a roll with my organization (case in point – my scrapbooking supplies), I decided it was time to tackle my recipes.   I have hundreds clipped out from magazines, printed off from The Food Network.com, or given to me by friends and family – but I haven’t been using them because they were a mess.    I received a present for our wedding which I had not yet taken advantage of – it’s a recipe journal from Williams Sonoma.   It is even stamped with our last name “O’Regan” on it.   


Inside it’s organized by tabs labeled with soups & salads, appetizers, breads, brunches, side dishes, poultry, meats, seafood, pastas, desserts and even a tab for cocktails.  (That one has a lot of clippings…)    


I added my recipes right away.   They filed away nicely inside the acetate covers provided. 


For the hand written ones, I stamped a few of the cards with my “From The Kitchen Of” personalized PSA Essentials Peel & Stick stamp.   This is great for recipes that I want to give friends and family, not necessarily the ones I am filing and keeping in my binder.  


I have some really great recipes to use now – I am just dying to try the Truffle Risotto!  I made the Asian Flank Steak last night.  So many great recipes now being put to good use.

And when I don’t feel like cooking, there’s always the “Take-Out” menu binder.  Also now organized by cuisines from around the world.... 


This post was linked to Organize Your Stuff Now's Wednesday link party.   Join the fun by visiting this great blog and linking up.

5 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying all your organization tips! TFS! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that take out menu binder! Great idea. :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the recipe cards. These would be great for sharing my recipes with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot believe how many ways you have used one tool. Visiting from Positively Splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The trend of "vintage" and shows you how this trend will also affect the wedding dresses and all issues that have to do with the wedding.

    ReplyDelete