Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Two great cards














Still trying to make the motto: "USPS forever" happen. There's something about getting a card in the mail for absolutely no reason at all that makes me smile. And a handmade card is even better. I don't care if they increase the postage to $1.00 per stamp, I am sticking with snail mail forever.

Tami Mayberry created two great cards that would surely brighten anyone's mailbox. Up first, she stamped Snoppy in an airplane from Peanuts Flying Ace. She set him in the clouds and stamped "the sky's the limit" from A Muse.  A simple card but very inspirational.





















She's also created this fun summer card. She's stamped Snoopy against his surf board from Peanuts Cowabunga and colored him up beautifully. Coloring up your stamp really transforms it, doesn't it? It brings it to life. Check it out. Before, not colored up:









After, all colored up:



What kind of markers do you use?

Supply spotlight:
  • Stamp: Peanuts-Flying Ace (PSA Essentials) Sky's the Limit (Amuse), Card stock: Navy Linen, White Linen (Posh Paper), Cloud die: My Favorite Things, Marker:Copic
  • Stamp: Peanuts-Cowabunga (PSA Essentials) Sun-sational day (Amuse), Card stock: Light blue, Kraft (Gina K Designs), Dies: Classic Oval, Scalloped Oval (Spellbinders), Markers:Copic

     

2 comments:

  1. Oh these are darling! I so love Snoopy! I totally agree about receiving an unexpected card in the mail. I know that if I receive one, I am so thrilled, so I hope others are too when I send them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, there is something special about getting mail!
    I have always loved to color but haven't ventured into markers because I don't know the "techniques". Have tried the Copic Markers at an Archiver's store but was overwhelmed with all the color choices. Would love to learn and incorporate it into my cards and projects. All your stamps would be wonderful to color!!

    ReplyDelete