Friday, February 4, 2011

Celebrating Friendship

I am so thankful to have so many friends. Over the last 29 years, I have developed strong relationships with women that keep me thriving. I have a group of 12 girls from my hometown in Winchester, MA that I regularly keep in touch with, then there's Kristin (my best friend from college), my Mommy friends Ashley and Karen, and a big group of girlfriends down here in South Carolina. Here's a collage of them.


How do you celebrate your friends? Paper craft lovers make and send cards, of course! Our design team member Mara Campbell came up with some really great ideas for sending cards to your friends. She created this great note card set using stamps from the PSA Peel & Stick Smirk Collection. Usually when I see doilies, the word "old" pops into my head. But using young and hip Smirk stamps, along with bright colors and distressing tool – these doilily cards become cool! Mara has a real knack for creating sets of cards.


Do you like sharing a cup of coffee with a friend? If you have one in particular that you can think of – check out this idea from Mara. She's used Smirk Caffeine Confidants. Super cute papers too – this card is a work of art.


I bet you have a girlfriend that loves chocolate. Mara created this cute Smirk card with the sentiment – "with a friend likes you who needs chocolate?" Love the choice of ribbon and combination of papers here!


I read an article in Parents magazine last year about the 5 types of friends all Mom's need to have. The Role-Model, the Twin, the Rule Breaker, see them all here: http://www.parents.com/parenting/relationships/friendship/the-5-friends-all-moms-need/ If you are one of my friends…try and guess which one you are!

Have a great day everyone!

Supply Spotlight:
  1. Stamps: PSA Essentials Peel & Stick Smirk Martini Mix, Ink: PSA Essentials, Paper: Papertrey Ink, Gems: Queen & Company, Misc: Doilys (Michael’s)
  2. Stamps: PSA Essentials Peel & Stick Smirk Caffeine Confidants, Ink: PSA Essentials, Paper: Papertrey Ink, Twine: The Twinery, Misc: button, big ribbon, Martha Stewart border punch
  3. Stamps: PSA Essentials Peel & Stick Smirk Caffeine Confidants, Ink: PSA Essentials, Paper: Cosmo Cricket, The Paper Company, Colored Pencils:  Prismacolor, Misc: staples, twine, Fiskars Border Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment