Thursday, December 9, 2010

Where can you find us?


PSA Stamp Camp is now seemingly everywhere! Today's cyberspace is even bigger than I thought and over the last few months while becoming a blogger, I have found a dizzying array of social media sites on which to promote PSA Stamp Camp blog. Sure, we are on the "traditional" and obvious places like Facebook, YouTube and Twitter (a medium I'm increasingly liking more and more…) but we are also active on newer sites like Digg, Mixx, and Reddit. If you are joining us from any one of these aforementioned sites, please leave a comment and let us know which one you came from!

Why am newly in love with Twitter? Because it's awesome! Faster than scanning the headlines of a newspaper, faster than reading a website cluttered with advertising, I scroll through people I care to hear from and get quick information on what stories I should pick up. Cool vintage holiday decorations? Thanks House Beautiful. Great recipe for rum balls for my cookie exchange? Thanks so much Taste of Home. Today I also learned that Parents Magazine is giving away $2500 to the most active Mom (now I am headed to enter) and Oprah's O Magazine gave me 5 ideas on how to wrap Christmas presents.

I also have a new romance with Digg. On Digg, you post a link to an article and people then "digg it." (Think the like button on Facebook and you have the right idea.) The more diggs you get, the faster the story spreads into people's news. News is broken down into categories: business, lifestyle, entertainment, technology, sports, science, so the information is filtered according to your interests. I have been posting PSA Stamp Camp blogs on Digg for a couple of weeks. We've gotten a few diggs and I have to admit, it felt good.

I registered for Mixx today and joined several of the communities – the Craft one and the Christmas one to start. Similar to Digg, you can submit a link to an article and your community then picks it up. Reddit doesn't seem as refined as Digg or Mixx, they break their news into more off-beat categories such as Comics and Today I Learned. People post things like: Today I learned that George Washington was the richest president in the United States (along with the link). It's been fun posting links to PSA Stamp Camp in creative ways.

Sometimes I worry I will bust with social media overload but the truth of the matter is – it's also pretty fun and it works! We are gaining exposure and I'd like to thank our initial readers and followers for being some of the first.

If you haven't had enough PSA Stamp Camp today, here are some other places you can find us right now. Note a few of these sites are holding PSA giveaways! Over the next few weeks we will also be featured on a few other sites. I am really looking forward to The Scrap Review (www.scrapreview.com) of PSA Essentials on 12/13.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent post, Libby. I like the explanation of the various sites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know where to post this so I decided to just put it in here ~ I hope you don't mind. I have spent the better half of today going through all of your blog ~ from post to post. I wanted to tell you that you have an amazing site here and your design team rocks!!! Your site has some of the best cards I have ever seen. The color combinations and the designs are outstanding. I look forward to following along and finding some more inspiration from your posts.
    I just wanted to say "thank you". You have inspired me enough to get back to working on my Christmas cards today. Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete